Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dribble for a Cure



I wanted to take a moment to let you know about a wonderful event my sister Jillian's family, the Griffin clan, are participating in. They will be playing in the UCLA- PCRF "DRIBBLE-FOR- A-CURE" in support of John on Sunday, November 1st at UCLA (John said he was OK with UCLA in this case).

This event raises money for PCRF (Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation). Since its establishment in 1982, PCRF has strived to improve the care, quality of life and survival rate of children with cancer.

Thanks to organizations like PCRF, we are winning the battle against pediatric cancer. Take a look:
  • Since 1982, the dedicated volunteers of PCRF have raised over $22 million for pediatric cancer research
  • 80% of all funds raised by PCRF goes directly to research
  • Thanks in large part to research, the cancer death rate has dropped more dramatically for children than for any other age group
  • The survival rate in certain pediatric cancers has increased from 50% to greater than 80% since 1985
If you would like to sponsor "Team Griffin" in honor of John, please visit the website below:


(note: we have raised $3,000 more in checks not reflected on the website -- thank you to everyone who has contributed!)

6 comments:

  1. Hi John, I am always thinking of you.I hope to see you soon.YOU ROCK!

    Love,Will H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John did your soccer team win? See you soon. YOU ARE AWESOME


    Love,Hayden

    P.S GO CAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. John
    I am so happy that you are hangin' with your cousins tonight! I heard you went to the CAL game and has so much fun. We are thinking of you every day and sending all our love to you and your family. Have a great time with Jake and Elliott and don't go to bed too late!

    xo
    Aunt Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth Croom and FamilyOctober 28, 2009

    Hi John,

    I went to school with your dad in Piedmont. I now have two young boys of my own. We talked about you today, and my 5 year old thinks you're a super hero. I understand a bit about what you're going through, and I agree.

    Please tell you're mom and dad that I'm thinking of them each day too. You have a wonderful family. That always makes things great.

    Hugs,

    Beth Croom and Family

    ReplyDelete